As a Senior Designer, you will be an integral team member, responsible for the development, design and execution of work for a variety of leading-edge Branding, Marketing and Web solutions. You will be collaborating with project managers, copywriters, developers and content strategists as part of the creative process.
Bluetext prides itself on fostering a culture of learning, acceptance, and teamwork, and is looking to hire a Senior Designer with creativity, ambition and drive.
- Lead execution and production of new design concepts to provide complete deliverables, creating style/brand guides and templates where applicable
- Ensure quality, creating standards and prepare deliverables for handoff to developers, client, printers, etc.
- Create layouts by exploring appropriate design principles such as color, typography, and photographic selection for the brand, organizing elements and usability
- Provide rationale for design choices; assure design meets business objectives as stated in creative brief
- Work collaboratively with UX, copywriters, project managers, and other designers and production team in helping define deliverables, timings and meeting client deadlines
- Ability to be both hands-on and provide clear direction to others
- Act as a mentor to and work with junior designers
- Interpret and translate wireframes into tangible and compelling experiences
- Develop ideas based on criteria in creative brief; present ideas with rationale to senior leadership and to clients
- Develop style of the presentation for existing concepts/directions; determine the best format to execute ideas
- Evaluate a brand’s visual language (color palette, logo, font, etc.) across a range of media (may include print, online marketing, Web site, packaging, etc.) with little guidance and oversight
- Sketch logo and wordmark ideas with some direction
- 4-6 years of industry experience
- 4+ years industry-related degree preferred
- Strong design portfolio
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- Extensive knowledge of typography, layout, color sense and the latest versions of applicable programs –Adobe CS
- A good working knowledge of branding, interactivity and the Web
- Passion for design and eagerness to collaborate with other creatives
- Self-motivated, organized and accountable
Bluetext continually seeks to advance the principles of equal employment opportunity to all applicants and employees. As such, Bluetext does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, or status as a protected veteran. This policy applies to all personnel activities and conditions of employment.